Silverman Treatment Solutions Mission Statement:
To provide comprehensive rehabilitation addiction services including medication assisted treatment for those persons who are dependent.
Vision and Pledge
- To provide effective treatment for those suffering from an addiction to opiates or narcotics and other drug dependencies.
- To offer services to help women, men and families beginning the process of recovery.
- To create an environment of caring compassion and trust within which the process of healing can begin.
- To nurture an environment that is built upon honesty, integrity and high ethical standards.
- To maintain strength in our program of individualized care which respects the dignity of each patient who seeks treatment here.
- To continuously improve the patient care and satisfaction through the study, analysis and refinement of all processes and systems.
- To continuously educate our staff, patients and the community about the treatment of opiate dependency with the use of medication including methadone.
- Silverman Treatment Solutions Centers will be an integrated healthcare provider with accessibility to individuals and families whose lives have been impacted by opiate dependence. We will also continue to cultivate a team of competent, compassionate personnel who are dedicated to individualized care and committed to continuously improving services. We will use ongoing research and development to maintain an environment open to learning and to provide education to the community we serve. We will reflect a spirit of collaboration, which embraces teamwork and communication.
Silverman Treatment Solutions (STS) is a Maryland State certified MMT clinic. STS provides opioid use disorder treatment services which include methadone and Suboxone maintenance, drug counseling, drug testing and education. Located in Columbia, Maryland; we are nestled just behind the Howard County Health Department.
As member of Addiction Medical Solutions (AMS), STS is appropriately named after Howard “Chip” Silverman. Mr. Silverman was the former Director of Maryland’s Drug and Alcohol Administration. He received the Dole-Nyswander award for his achievements in Methadone Treatment. Chip Silverman was a dear friend of STS, a pioneer in the field of addiction, and nationally recognized for his work. Today, STS carries on in his memory and tradition to provide comprehensive opiate addiction services through patient-centered care.